Yoga Teacher Training
Level 2 Advanced Course – 300hr (500hr YA)
Dates & Venue to be confirmed. Register your interest by emailing info(at)jivaniyoga.com.
This 6 week residential Level 2 program in Therapeutic Yin & Yang Yoga will facilitate a quantum leap in the development of your skills as a teacher. The training features teachings from Heart of Yoga, Forrest Yoga, Anusara, Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine, Compassionate Communication, EFT, Qi Gong, Philosophy, Dance Mandala, Mantra, Kirtan, Nada Yoga (The Yoga of Sound), & Transformative Voice Work. All transformational practices that will take you beyond your current edge. Nothing in life is one size fits all yoga is no different. We steer well clear of any dogma or system that ask us to fit into it rather than vise versa.
What we do is foster authentic sharing from a place of personal truth.
You know that autopilot ‘teacher voice’ that can happen in classes? It prevents you from being fully present with your students. We have a unique approach to overcoming this common issue that will ensure no ‘teacher voice’ makes it into your classes ever again.
Your teaching practicums begin in week one and become steadily more challenging and confronting as we move through the program. Expect to take leaps in your skill level and capacity to effectively teach private yoga, speciality classes, workshops and to host retreats.
We have an approach to therapeutics that encompasses Structural, Functional, Emotional & Spiritual healing and that will enable you with enough experience to work privately with injured students.
We invite applications from graduates of 200hr yoga teacher training programs and also practitioners with 3 or more years experience. The schedule will be intensive and both physically and emotionally demanding. Aligning with our philosophy of Awakening, Healing & Personal Transformation, this course will not only develop your personal practice and refine your craft as a professional, skilled yoga teacher, but also focus on breaking through limiting beliefs and igniting your personal power. This immersion experience is not an opportunity to master advanced poses – our focus is on personal development and enhancement of skills including and beyond flexibility & strength of the body. Expect a balanced mix of yang and yin practices. Our course outline is as follows:
- Enhance your experience of asana, pranayama, kriya, mantra and meditation with up to 4 hours of practice daily
- Hone your skills and break free from habits that bind you with advanced teaching challenges
- Expand your knowledge with Advanced Alignment, Anatomy and Therapeutics
- Deepen your understanding of Philosophy with modern interpretations of ancient teachings
- Integrate principles of Body Mind Centering, Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine
- Improve your efficacy with hands on adjustments, injury modifications and reading energy
- Let your freak flag fly and learn how to carve out a niche in your community
- Explore Yantra Yoga – the sacred geometry system based on the psychology of the chakras
- Help reduce the western world’s pandemic of back pain with effective therapeutic sequencing
- Learn how to plan, market and teach workshops, courses & retreats
- Explore and liberate your authentic expression with vocal training and kirtan
*Pre-requisite for those seeking the Yoga Alliance RYT500 accreditation is a 200hr certification from Jivani Yoga (formerly Virajati Yoga Thailand) or another Yoga Alliance approved school.
** Applications from trainees who do not hold a 200hr certificate but have a dedicated practice will be considered on a case by case basis.
Sample Schedule (Subject to change)
- 07.00 – 10.00 Morning Practice. Meditation, Mantra, Pranayama, Kriya, Bandha, Asana
- 10.00 – 11.00 Breakfast & morning swim
- 11.00 – 13.00 Lectures, Theory, Advanced Methodology
- 13.00 – 16.00 Lunch, Reading, Homework, Integration
- 16.00 – 18.30 Afternoon Asana, Teaching Practice, Personal Development
We will meet some evenings for yin practice, kirtan, group meals and movies.
[singlepic id=232 w=347 h= float=none]
Our venue for the training is on the serene northwest coast of Koh Phangan. Serenity is a stunning property infused with Mediterranean style and hidden away on its own private beach. Tropical flowers grow throughout the property and views are spectacular with breathtaking sunsets direct from your balcony every evening.
Our yoga space is bright and airy with views directly out to sea. There are a variety of private and shared room options available on site and we have a fantastic French/Thai restaurant on site serving wonderful meals at very reasonable prices as well as fresh juice & smoothies.
Registration is now open